Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Welcome to the world of Hybrid Authors!

Those who have followed me for the past 7 years know that my first novel, Chasing The Trickster, came out from Damnation Books in 2011.

In 2012, I had the sequel, St. Nick's Favor, ready to go. Unfortunately, the contract from Damnation for this sequel, part 2 of a series, wasn't to my liking. I gave it a pass. Leaving me with a series waiting to get the first book rights back in 2014.

In 2015, I decided to go with Damnation Books for my third novel, Finding Perdita. It's a stand alone and so I had a contract I could live with.

Sadly, the owner of Damnation Book's mother became ill, and sold the company. I don't blame her, I would have done the same for a family member who needed me. And the hope was that the company would be in good hands with Caliburn Press.

Caliburn tried. I got my cover, shown here done by Dawne Domnique, which I loved and two edits. What I didn't get was a release date which my contract specified would be within two years of the signing of the contract. I took back my rights last year.

And mourned.

I grieved a lot. In my years at Damnation Books, I fell in love with the authors and editorial staff there.

But that's how sausage (and books) are made. With the exception, perhaps of the big six or is it now big five or four(?), publishing companies come and go.

So years after Finding Perdita coulda, woulda, shoulda been published, I have the proof copy in hand.

I hope that traditional authors won't kick sand in my face. I don't think they will, because unless it's their first rodeo they know that this is a crazy, heart-breaking business.

Welcome to the World Finding Perdita!

And to show my love, reviewer's ebook copies are available for gratis. Just email me: lorned@nyc.rr.com for a PDF. If you can, please leave a review at Amazon.com, explaining that this was a review copy, and leave a review.

Many thanks and wishing you a wonderful New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment